Looking for a Job? Equipment Lists Coastal Work

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The worst reasons for wanting to be a tree planter

Here's a few classical interview answers given by people who were NOT HIRED to plant trees, as seen on tree-planter.com. Enjoy and/or take notes!

Crazy Interview Question Answers

These are actual interview responses to that all important question, "Why do you want to go treeplanting?" Some of these are truly unbelievable! Needless to say, they likely did not get hired.

"I want to have the tree planting experience."
"I think it would be fun."
"I want to meet new people."
"I want to try it out and see if I like it."
"I like camping."
"I'm majoring in Forestry."
"I'm not going to make money, I'm going to fulfill some personal goals."
"I've never been to Northern Alberta/B.C."
"My girlfriend/boyfriend is going."
"I want to get out of Leduc."
"I want to save the environment."
"I want to break even and lose 10 pounds."

Sure, there are lots of great aspects to tree planting and the lifestyle that goes along with it, but if you are not prepared to thrive through the intense challenges of the job, you are going to hate treeplanting. Make sure you are going for the right reasons!


What are the Right Reasons?

"I need to make money for ____________". Now that one just might drive you to put an extra box or two in the ground each day. Or it could help you pick your butt up off the log at the cache when the weather gets crappy. Planters with a strong need or visualized dream are more likely to be consistent and hard working planters.

"I am very competitive and I have a strong desire to be one of the best in a tough industry where physical input and mental stamina will prevail." A good reason. I'd still like to see the need for cash.


There's a lot more of those gems at both the tree-planter.com website and the replant.ca message board (Links available in the sidebar)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home